Monday, July 24, 2017

I think I broke my arm?....

Steve came home from mutual Tuesday night (July 11) and asked what time urgent care closed.

 He said "I think I broke my arm!!!" baaaaahhhh! They were playing kick ball in the gym and Steve said "I guess I'm not as young as I use to be" he jumped and was twisting in the air to avoid the ball and his feet didn't make it back under him in time so his whole body weight landed on his arm. He heard some unmentionable popping noises and couldn't straighten his arm.  


Don't you like our makeshift sling. Infinity scarf for the win! Put one of those in your emergency kit!


He got home about 8:30-8:45 pm and urgent care's around here close at 8pm. So naturally we call Mom and ask what we should do. After some talking we decide to sling it (with a makeshift sling out of an infinity scarf😉 ). Ice it. Take some ibuprofen and wait till morning to go in instead of going to the ER. Mom said there wasn't much they would do otherwise till the swelling goes down. He was a trooper but was in more pain then I've ever seen him in.

We slept some and at 8am we went to urgent care and they X-rayed it and sure enough he broke it! To be exact he broke his radial head.


Bone on the left. Those two knots on the top are suppose to be level and there is a crack down the middle of the two knots. 




Anyways. They splinted it and gave us a real sling. We see the orthopedist on Tuesday (July 18) 


He broke his right arm so the real trick is learning to do everything left handed. Try putting on long socks with only your left hand. Its tricky! He's doing well and learning quick how to get along.


In other news. Hannah is SO SO close to crawling!



We sent Kendra 20 gift cards for her 20th birthday.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.