Sister Kendra,
How goes the work?
My kids and I stayed in burley after the farewell to hang out and I guess "help" get Gavin ready to go...didn't feel like much help but it was fun.
We packed and packed. Went swimming. Got to be there when he was set apart and took him to the airport. I'm glad we stayed.
This was the only way we could get the earphones to fit her.
We came back Tuesday night and pretty much Wednesday, Thursday, and most of Friday just crammed everything we normally do in the week.
Friday afternoon Steve's mom and Sister came. We went to our Ward supper stroll (you eat dinner but you walk to different locations for different courses). After the stroll us ladies and Isaac went to time out for women. This was Steve's mom's mother's day present.
Isaac did so well and was such a sweetheart!
So many great talks and so fun spending it with Steve's mom and Sister. It was a much needed and memorable time.
A favorite quote was "choose progress over perfection!"
We coordinated the first day and didn't even plan it.
Saturday while we were at TOFW Steve and Hannah went to Steve's work for a while, looked at fish, had lunch and napped.
Sunday I taught RS. I just subbed. We talked about Elder Hollands talk "Be with and strengthen them" from conference.
I gave them each a paper and asked them to write 1 or 2 ways they personally would like to be ministered to and then we read them out loud. It brought such a wonderful spirit. We talked about how what it would do and be like if each of us expressed the things we wrote to our ministering sisters.
It takes courage and humility to "kind of" ask to be served...especially in a specific way. We also talked about how we need to have love as our motivation for serving and as we serve people we develop more love for them....its just an amazing circle of love!
Have a super week! Choose progress over perfection!
Love you so much!
The WarnDogs
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.