We get there and his Mom was the only one there and she said they think he missed his flight!...but we weren't 100% sure.
In the meantime Steve and I made a sign while we waited for everyone to get home and we'd decide what to do.
His Dad gets home and says about 1:00 (our time) Jake had called from some guys cellphone and said that his airplane that was suppose to take him from Houston, TX to Salt Lake City had a flat tire and they couldn't get a replacement in very soon.
Jake said he would call with an update but by 5:30 ish we still hadn't heard anything. Steve's Dad's thought was if we hadn't heard anything than he must have been delayed in Houston and had missed his flight from SLC to Twin. So at this point its getting close to 6 o'clock and we had pretty much decided he had missed his flight.
We then started the what if game. "What if he really is on the 6 o'clock flight and no one is there for him!?!" So we all jump in our cars in a panic and speed to the airport praying we make it.
On the way I downloaded the Delta app on my phone and put his flight number in and about 5 or so minutes from the airport I pull it up and it says it had landed 10 minutes ago!
We were then praying that he wasn't on that flight because we weren't there!!!
We jet into the airport to find the Schraders (family friends) who said he wasn't on the plane! To be honest we were relieved :)
So on my app I looked up the next flights to come into Twin and the next one was suppose to come in at 9:00 p.m. and heaven forbid he wasn't on that one he would come in on the 11:00 p.m. flight.
After some laughs we headed home and order pizza and watch TV hoping we get a call from Jake telling us where he is. 8:15 p.m. rolls around and we still hadn't heard anything so we get into our cars and again head to the airport hoping he is on that plane.
Again on the way there I got looking on the app and find the flight he was suppose to be on from Houston to SLC. It said it had been delayed 6 hours!!!...but I wasn't sure that was the right flight.
We get to the airport and soon after the Schraders show up too. We watch the plane land. You could feel the excitement!....
its Jake....He just got to SLC!!! hahaha!
They actually thought he was kidding and was calling from the plane so they had to see :)
Luckily we were prepared and brought games and snacks just in case.
We sat on the floor, the only people in the airport it felt like. We didn't even see any workers.
We had a great game of Scattergories again here are some good ones:
Things a baby uses - Nippy cups (it is then searched on the phone. Google gives the suggestion "Did you mean Sippy cups?")
Beers - Short ones (instead of tall ones)
Sounds - Dark Dark (like a dog)
Things that are soft - Dogs
Things in a sci-fi movie - Dogs
Things that kids play with - Dogs
Things at a wedding - Dogs
Things that are cute - Dogs
Things at an amusement parks - Dogs
Finally 11:00 gets close and we get the signs ready and the sweet Schraders come again.
We watch the plane land....you could feel the excitement again :)
I wasn't going to put this picture. I was trying to get a picture of him getting off the plane but instead I caught his Mom's reaction to seeing him getting off. Yay! he was on it! :)
Ok......I completely failed at getting pictures of him coming through the finish line and really a lot of the pictures were kind of fuzzy. I guess I choose the wrong settings.
But they got a video!
Oh the hug pictures!
Then it was my turn! :)
This weekend we also went and watched Scott at a track meet. He is a talented kid. It was fun to all be there.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.