Fishing Licenses, check. Fishing poles, check. Bate, check. Sunscreen, check. Food, check. Wonderful Company, check!
This past weekend we went fishing for MY first time. We went with Grandpa Warner, Pa Warner, Julie, Steve and I. What a fun day it was! I was pretty nervous about the trip because I really didn't know what to expect but I would totally do it again!
Saturday morning, we loaded up and drove to Oakley Resevor. We get there and as we're unloading the boat Grandpa says "I think I left the keys to the boat"...................no!!!.................after a couple of terrifying minutes he found the keys :) yay! Fishing trip still on. We all got in old yeller :)
After a little while of trying to find a good spot and getting the boat anchored Steve caught the first fish of the day! I was way excited to see a fish caught in real life (you know, not just on TV).
We did that for a while longer and then moved to shore to try some fishing there. No luck there.
Then we tried Trolling. I really like trolling (its kinda like strolling but in a boat :) Pretty soon after we started trolling Steve caught another fish! This one was bigger.
When we released him he just floated there like he was dead. We left him there for a little bit hoping he would recover from the trauma. He finally recovered and swam away. I really wanted to catch a fish by this time :)
We kept trolling along and soon I realized I had lost some of the tension on my line. Turns out Steve and I's lines were tangled so we... (ok, Steve) spend probably 25-30 mins untangling. Steve got his pole untangled and ready to go first so he gave it to me and I went back to trolling.
A little while later I felt a little tug and sure enough I had caught a fish!!! It was a little guy but such a pretty colored fish. A perfect first fish. I don't think I would have been able to real in a big fish, yet :) I couldn't get myself to hold it and everyone got a kick out of my squeamishness and were laughing so much that we really didn't get a great picture but boy was it such a fun day!!!
So we caught a total of 3 fish that day and all with the same lucky red pole. I wish we all could have caught fish but hopefully we'll all go again soon! One more activity checked off our summer to do list!
A little P.S. Speaking of fish....
When we got to Twin on Friday night one of Dad's fish had died :( he scooped the fish out of the tank and was walking to get rid of it and we hear a PLOP! He had dropped the fish right on the floor!!!! It was SO funny!!!
P.P.S. just some pretty sunset pictures as we came into Twin.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.