Monday, June 3, 2013

Moving day

Wow! we can't believe this is happening. We have moved to our house and we couldn't have done it without so much help!

On Thursday, May 16th I picked up the carpet cleaner from "Don Aslett's Cleaning Center" and went to work cleaning the carpets at the house. It was hard work but it was worth the money we saved by not having a professional do it.

On Friday morning, Steve went to work till noon and I finished all that little random packing. About 10 o'clock that morning our power in the apartment went out so I opened all the blinds and kept packing. My family was suppose to get to Idaho Falls about noon and I had told them we'd have pizza there when they got there for lunch. Well... because the power was out I couldn't get my car out of the garage to go get the pizza. Ok, so i could have opened it manually but I just kept waiting till the last minute hoping the power would come back on :) Thankfully, Austin, Sara and Abby got there about 11:15 and we jumped in their car and got the pizza and found out the power outage was bigger than I thought. A lot of traffic lights were out which made for some scary driving.

My family got there and we ate and started packing the trailer. Between my Dad, Austin, Steve and Mitchell they got practically everything packed in one load. They even strapped stuff to the top of the suburban :)





Our convoy of cars then headed to the house. We had the suburban with the trailer, Steve's car, Austin & Sara's car, Jessica's car and my car. I wish I had got a picture of it!

We got to the house and with all those hands we unloaded quickly. Then my Dad, Jessica, Kendra and I headed back with the trailer to clean the carpets at the apartment and grab the last of the stuff. The rest of the family stayed at the house and weeded and composted the garden and flower-beds and they sorted boxes into the right rooms. When we got back to the house I wanted to cry at how great the everything looked. We really have such awesome families!!!


When we were all finished we went to Chuck-a-rama! It was SO GOOD!


Abby and Paytin were such good troupers and helpers!
Jessica had just returned from Europe and had brought gifts and SUPER yummy chocolates! 
Thanks for all the pictures Austin & Sara! I'm glad someone documented this day :) 
You're the bestest!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.