On Friday (June 24) a couple of us girls from the office went to the zoo! I hadn’t been to a zoo in a while so I was pretty excited. We tried to go as early as we could to avoid the heat but that’s impossible in Oklahoma. It was easily over 100 degrees by the afternoon. Even with the heat it turned out to be a fun day!
The elephants there had recently had a baby.
I just fell in love with this little elephant. I came home and told Steve that’s what I wanted! Haha, he was nowhere close to as excited I was! We did decide if we got a girl elephant we would name it Rosie or Jethro if it were a boy J
The baby elephant was by far my favorite but the Oklahoma zoo was pretty big and had lots to look at. I took a lot of pictures and couldn't pick just two or three:
We went to this bird feeding place. The birds were really friendly. I'm not a big fan of birds they tend to scare me. So I just took pictures. Most of the kids really loved it. It was so cute to watch.
| This is Owen. He is the oldest son of the branch manager (Ty). Such a cute kid! |
| Like I said they were VERY friendly. Glad the bird was on this guys head and not mine! :) |
| Jodi, the wife of Ty. The bird on the left was licking her neck! |
| From left to right. Whitney (Juan's wife) and their daughter Liliana. Then Miles, Ty's son. |
During normal weeks I really don’t go outside much. I stay in my apartment and do stuff until its time for me to go to work at 4. Then I drive to the air-conditioned office in my air-conditioned car and sit there till 9:30 or so, then drive back to the apartment. Going to the zoo and being outside in the heat gave me a greater appreciation for what my hubby is doing.
I knew it was hot but it’s a whole different story when you are out experiencing it. I came home and I was spent. Steve is amazing and working SO hard! I mean really who could say no to this!!!!
Be nice to salesmen because they have wife’s who are home hoping they find nice people!




So so cute! I might have to steal some of your pictures since I didn't take any! I'm glad we went even though it was 111 degrees outside!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad we went too!! Fun day! I can totally send you some pictures if you want.
ReplyDelete