Monday, May 23, 2011

*Oklahoma Thunder*

This week I experienced my first Oklahoma thunderstorm! Talk about beautiful, the sky would turn purple and blue and just filled with lightning. I wish I had thought to take pictures, maybe next time.

On Wednesday (May 18th) the owners of Rove pest control came to Oklahoma to see how things were going and help the sales reps with their tactics. After work the whole office went out to dinner. On our way in to the restaurant I was talking to another couple and holding Steve’s hand. Maybe I’m the only one who thinks this (or needs it) but when I’m walking and talking to people I sometimes am not aware of everything that is going on around, so I need someone to guide me J So we were walking into the restaurant and Steve walked around a puddle but I guess I didn’t see it and stepped right in it! Haha, Steve didn’t even try to pull me away from it, he just kinda watched me step in it. It was kinda embarrassing, but the real funny thing was rubbing it in Steve’s face a little later, that he would just let me step into the puddle. We had a good laugh about that one!

One more funny story:

 Yesterday (May 20) we were driving to work and everyday we pass this car lot. In the front of this lot are all these little cars, for the longest time we had no idea what kind they were but yesterday Steve figured it out, this is what he said:      
Oh… they’re smart cars. I thought it said art…ha…….fart…..fart cars they run completely on gas! J
It had been a long day and we needed that laugh! We found out that they are really Fiats, but the emblem does look like it says art.

Last night (May 22) we got together with some friends and had dinner. Which was so yummy!! We talked and played game. During the week its all about works so its great to get out and do something. 


Our lesson in RS was really good yesterday. We talked about Elder Lynn G. Rabbins talk “What manner of Men and Women Ought Ye to Be? This was one of my favorite talks in this Aprils General Conference. One thing that stuck out to me was how we not only need to make “to do” lists but also “to be” lists. We need to strive each day to be who we want to be. When we do this it will influence our “to do” list to be in accordance with Gods will for us, which in turn helps us be who God wants us to be. A bit confusing but such a great talk!   

This is the office I work in.

This is the building Rove's office is in. Its the second door from the left.

This week we got an artichoke. I have never had one but Steve likes them. It turned out to be good! 
Graduation!!!
Our apartments door.

The outside of our apartment. Our front door is the one downstairs on the far right. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.