I can't remember the last time I wrote about our adventure to grow our family.
I think we've needed a break...
...I think we needed some time to gather strength again....
...and I think we have made some major life changes and choices that we needed to concentrate on.
In the matter of 4 months we've:
Changed jobs.
Sold our first house.
Moved States.
Moved into a 400 sq. ft. apartment.
Moved all our belongings into a storage unit.
House hunted.
Bought our next house.
Moved again
...and I feel changed our intensity/direction about growing our family.
Don't get me wrong we've been intense about growing our family but I feel like with the new year and another year gone with no success of getting a baby here we are bound and determined that 2016 will be the year (God willing!).
With every new step (medicine, treatment, test...etc) I always think "I can't believe we are to this step. I never thought it would go this far. I can't go any further" but somehow we always get the strength, means, and determination to move forward. I say "somehow" but I know exactly how we get those things.
God is in the details and when you feel like he's forgotten you or that you're alone that is when he is there the most and if you look around you will see him and his hand all over your life.
A few weeks ago we had a lesson in church about peace. Its been a long long road getting myself to this point but I feel like I have peace. Even if my life isn't going how I want or plan. Even if I'm sad somedays. I have peace that God knows what he is doing. He gives me what I need when I need it.
If I've learned anything from this trial its that God is SOOOO involved in our lives. I am so grateful that he is in charge of my life because He makes all the difference!
In the mists of all these changes we decided to start working with the Reproductive Care Center (RCC). We made a plan.
On January 20th our plan started.
January 22nd - January 26th - I took 5mg of Femara
January 26th - we did my first injection of Gonel F. I videoed this and will put together a video as soon as I have video editing software again :) but it truly was a mental thing. It didn't hurt but Steve had to do this first one. I just couldn't do it!
January 28th - another injection. I did it this time!
January 29th - started daily ovulation tests
January 30th - injection #3. I did it again.
February 1st - went in for follicle scan ultrasound. Right ovary hadn't produced anything bigger then a 9mm. Left side was the winner and produced 2 follicles. A 23mm and 24mm! It was time to schedule the IUI and do a trigger shot. Found out the IUI specialist at my Doctors office here in Logan had a family emergency and wasn't available. Very strange situation but they didn't have a back up so after talking to several other places in Logan we decided it was best to go down to Clearfield/Layton UT and go the RCC.
February 2nd - finally got IUI scheduled for Thursday Feb 4th in the afternoon. Took my daily ovulation test and it came back positive. Called Rachel at the RCC. My body was going to ovulate without the trigger shot so we rescheduled the IUI for the next day Feb 3rd.
February 3rd - Drove to Clearfield. Steve gave his sperm sample at 1:30 p.m. and then we left and went to Walmart for a little while. Came back right before 3pm. and we did the IUI. The nurse that did the IUI was awesome! She took the time to explain everything. Answer our questions and did a great job. We feel bad but we never got her name. She said Steve's sperm count was "Phenomenal" was the word she used so we were happy about that. 60 million if I remember right. I took it easy for the rest of the day and have been trying not to lift much.
Then we waited....
waited
waited.....!
| I've never seen my name spelled like this :) New one for the books. |
....and waited and waited!
February 17th came along and we took a pregnancy test. I say we because Steve had to be right by my side the whole time encouraging me to do it. I was dreading and looking forward to it all at the same time. I just knew what I'd feel like if it was negative!
We took it and just stared at it. IT WAS POSITIVE!!! We didn't even know how to react but we were so EXCITED and couldn't believe it worked!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.