Honestly when we volunteered to do it I really thought it wasn't going to be to bad, I have babysat lots of kids before and most "hours" it wasn't terrible :) but man my sanity was shot at the end of each day.
Oh and I forgot to mention they have a 3 year old dog Dash (lab mix) and a cat Raja that live in the house too...i'd have to say that contributed to the insanity.
I felt gross and dirty all week as I watched both animals lick and drool on the floors...GROSS!!! Needless to say I wore shoes, flip flops, or socks everywhere I went. Animals belong outside people!
These girls would color for hours...which was nice when I needed a sanity break.
We played a lot of games over the week. Favorites had to be "clue" and "don't eat pete".
I took the two little girls with me to my house one day to get some stuff and they L-O-V-E-D the fish and haven't stopped asking to go back and see them. Even the night we left Bella said to me "can we come over and see the fish sometime" :) haha!
I found these on my phone... the little girls loved to color on my phone.
Played just dance.
Went to Orange Leaf for FHE.
I sent them off to school. New experience for me.
Really it was nice to have some time to gather my thoughts and sanity. Like my Mom said "at least you aren't babysitting a family that home schools" how true that is! Don't get me wrong I still want to homeschool my kids because even though it was nice to send them off to school, when they came back they had such bad mean attitudes and did nothing but argued and fight with each other and me. That wasn't worth the break to me.
Braided hair one night so our hair would be "crimpy" the next day for school.
Watched Maleficent on Friday night in their theater room.
Steve, Gabby, and Sterling played basketball for 3 hours on Saturday. Steve was a little sore :)
On Sunday, we had the kids decorate their parents door because they wouldn't be able to see their parents till the next morning because they would get home late. It turned out cute!
Practically everyday we were there one kid would ask me "what is your name again?" It kind of became hilarious to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.