For our anniversary this year we kept it simple and went and stayed at a hotel.....in Idaho Falls ha!
Its kind of a cool hotel and called the "W" hotel so obviously we had to go to the hotel that shared the first letter of our last name. It was Old (like everything inside screamed 70's) but it was cool to see the inside. Our room had a balcony and view of the temple so it was neat!
It was probably good we didn't plan to go somewhere farther away because it snowed so much and the roads weren't that great.
We went to dinner at Smitty's
We were going to go to a movie but there really wasn't any movies we really wanted to see in the cheap theater. So being my smart self I said lets just go buy "How to train your dragon 2" and watch it at the hotel. So we ran to Walmart and grabbed it......well the hotel didn't have a DVD player :/
So we sat in the hot tub and watched tanked instead.
We ate breakfast in the morning at like 7 and then went back to sleep for a little bit (its pretty much our favorite thing...bad habit picked up from our cruise)
We packed up and went to the temple and did Sealings, went window shopping, ate at chick-fil-a, and went home.
Steve surprised me on Friday. A couple of days ago we went and walked around Fred Meyer after we went to the cannery and I just casually said as we walked by some Christmas scarfs "I really like those" They were just cute cute! Well he surprised me on Friday with two of them...he really just spoils me. We had a great anniversary!
Its kind of a cool hotel and called the "W" hotel so obviously we had to go to the hotel that shared the first letter of our last name. It was Old (like everything inside screamed 70's) but it was cool to see the inside. Our room had a balcony and view of the temple so it was neat!
Yup, 100% chance of snow. I believed it!
We went to dinner at Smitty's
So we sat in the hot tub and watched tanked instead.
We packed up and went to the temple and did Sealings, went window shopping, ate at chick-fil-a, and went home.
| Our attempt at a "selfie" or a "groupie" as Steve calls it. One of my goals this year was to take more pictures of Steve and I ha! We still don't have a hang of it and its November. |
| Quick story. Our neighbors have this cat and this cat "HATES" the snow we hear it just meowing on our front porch sometimes just miserable. Well it loves Steve and just follows him :) |
While cleaning this past week I found these pictures that were taken October 2011 and I knew one day these pictures wouldn't hurt so much to look at. And when I found them I felt like I'd reached that day.
Isn't that baby beautiful!
17 days later we found out we were miscarrying.
I remember texting my mom on November 10th because I was having little cramps but nothing that was too concerning.
She said to take it easy. We drove to Twin that night to see Steve's sister who was coming home from her mission the next day.
Gradually through the drive and till we went to bed my cramps got worse.
At about 12 a.m. November 11th (our 1st wedding anniversary) I woke up because the cramps were pretty bad and sure enough I was bleeding as well.
I woke up Steve and we weren't sure what to do. The cramps got bad and about 1 a.m. we left Steve's parents house and went to the ER not knowing what else to do. We didn't want to wake anyone up. Especially because they didn't know we were expecting yet. We were going to tell them the next day.
I knew before we got to the ER or before the doctor told me that we had lost our baby on 11/11/11 at 11 weeks.
We had a sweet nurse who was LDS who helped comfort us. We also knew the ER doctor who was a long time friend of Steve's family. We stayed at the ER for a little while and then went back to Steve's parents house.
It was a long night and really just a long weekend...but what I remember most was hearing about how the nurse had a miscarriage and the doctor's wife had miscarriages...and have went on to have healthy kids.
I know God was watching out for us that night and that it wasn't a coincidence that that specific nurse and doctor were at work that night and told us the things we needed to hear.
I just wanted to tell this story because our anniversary isn't just about celebrating our marriage and the beginning of our family anymore, its also about remembering that one day we will get to meet and raise that sweet baby.
When we got married 4 years ago our plans looked a lot different than what it is right now. Good thing we are not in charge and God is. "Simply do what you can do, in the best way you know, and the Lord will accept your effort"
- Gordon B. Hinckley-


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.