Monday, February 27, 2012

You're going to miss this!


I can’t believe February is almost gone and that Steve’s semester here at BYUi is halfway done! We haven’t done anything extremely exciting or blog worthy lately but I still wanted to let you know what we are up to.

Steve – is consumed with school and homework. He is taking 18 credits and is handling it way better than I would J He started taking his emphasis, supply chain management, and his cluster, electrical engineering, classes this semester and has really enjoyed them. For extra credit for one of Steve’s classes, the school offers a Ham radio-training class. They started this last week and I decided to go with him…I really don’t know much about electrical radio stuff but it should be interesting. I’ll have to keep you posted on that!
            Back in late December Steve got called to be a financial clerk for our ward. This year our ward started going to church at 1:30 p.m. so we don’t get done with church till 4:30 then Steve stays another hour or so doing financial clerk stuff. It has been an adjustment having so much time in the morning. We have to get everything done before church because we have no time after. One of Steve’s greatest worries lately is trying to find a business internship for this summer. He has applied and applied and hasn’t heard much back.  He has an interview with a company here in Rexburg called Melaleuca. We hope something comes of it. We really don’t want to move!

Jileisa – doesn’t have much to report. I’ve been trying to find a job, but in Rexburg this can be an impossible task. Because we don’t know where we will be in the summer for Steve’s internship I can’t tell an employer how long I’ll be here in Rexburg. Just keep swimming I guess!
I have been taking an institute class and LOVE my teacher! We are learning about the Book of Revelation. That’s what the whole class is about; it’s really in depth. I also have been taking a Cycling (spinning) and Zumba class. One thing that’s kept me busy is doing random crafts.







Some days I wish we were done with school, or that I was employed so we would be more financially secure. I wish we knew where Steve would be doing his internship or when we will be out of this freezing Rexburg weather. I keep telling myself I’m going to miss this! I’m going to miss having this extra time to do crafts and take an institute class, go to devotional or have time to mess around with cooking. I’m going to miss having Julie and Jake over for Sunday dinner, taking naps, going to the Temple every week because we live so close, walking to church on Sundays, random date night, and believe it or not but I’ll miss the freezing weather of Rexburg! I’m just trying to enjoy it while it lasts and count my blessings!   

1 comment:

  1. enjoy it while it lasts. I miss rexburg. its a fun place to be for a little bit. jobs are so hard to find there. try the plasma center? or meleluca call center. maybe even desert book? good luck! glad you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.