Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A little catch up!


I have been such a blog slacker since we got home from the summer. So I’m going to try and catch up.

After we got home from Oklahoma we moved up to Rexburg and Steve quickly  started school. It was quite the lifestyle change. We were use to sleeping in and going to bed late. Not the best lifestyle for school. Steve had said he wasn’t going to take an 8 am class this semester…haha instead he had a 745 am class!

Very early in the semester (2 days to be exact) we were blessed with a wonderful tender mercy. Steve and I went to talk to a man about some intern stuff. When we got to talking we found out the man use to be the head of the business department. He asked Steve what classes he was in. We came to find out that because Steve is a transfer student we could move ahead two semesters classes. It was a bit of a challenge to change all his classes but we are so grateful for this wonderful blessing!    

Steve is enjoying school and has learned so much. He was in the IBC (integrated business core) this semester so they had the opportunity to start a business. The business his group chose to start was a website (bestofrexburg.com). At BYUi outside companies can’t advertise on campus. So what Best of Rexburg does is sell advertising space to companies around the area on their website. Then they would promote the website on campus. It’s been a challenge but such a great learning experience.



As for me I’ve been on the job hunt. I started at the beginning of the semester and in October I finally found one. I work at Artco as an inbound sales rep. Artco is a printing company in Rexburg. Its been fun learning about the customer service world.

 I also had the opportunity this September to do the Temple to Temple relay with my mom and some of my girl cousins. Its a relay from the Rexburg Temple to the Idaho Falls. It was so fun to do!!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.