Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Love Idaho!

During the beginning of July I got to go home to Idaho for a couple of days (July 7-12) and visit my family. My flights going there were great and WOW was the weather there SO nice compared to these HOT HOT HOT Oklahoma days!!

I got into the Salt Lake airport the morning of the 7th and my family picked me up. It was so great to see them!! We hung out in Utah and did some shopping in preparation for my families pioneer trek. I’ve decided that the DI’s in Utah are so much better than Idaho. I can tell you I will be doing some shopping there in the future.

After that we started driving home and were passing Brigham City when we spotted the new temple there and had to stop and take a look. Its going to be a beautiful temple!

Brigham City Temple
The reason for my visit was not only to catch up with my family but to help my parents with the Stoker reunion they were planning that Saturday (July 9). So we cleaned and shopped for that. The reunion was so fun, much smaller than in years past but just as great. We went to a fun place called “Harris Pond.” It’s a big pond with lots of swings, slides, boats and a zip line. Lots of fun things to do!

Once that was over around 3 we clean up and my immediate family went to go bowling for Kendra, my younger sisters birthday. We got to the bowling place and it didn’t open till 5 or something so instead we went to Kiwi Loco! Yummy!

  My Grandma Stoker had planned to have everyone come up to her place for dinner that night and to go through my Grandpa Stokers stuff. It was fun to see all his clothes and shoes. Brought back great memories of him! Dinner was great as always when we go to Grandma’s house J It was just a great relaxing evening.


Oh, my little brother, Paytin, decided to give his ice cream cone to the dog!
Sunday was pretty typical; we went to church and had dinner. Its funny how you can leave your home ward for quite a while and come back to see everyone sitting in the same spot as if you never left. Funny Mormons! Also on this day I got a 405 call on my phone. 405 is the zip code in Oklahoma. The first thing that popped into my head was I bet it is someone from the Bishopric. Sure enough, it was. It was Bro. Housley and he asked if Steve and I would talk on Sunday. Man I wanted to say no but I guess we all have our turns.    

Monday was full of preparations for my families pioneer trek that week. That night for FHE we went over to some friends house (The McClains) to listen to Bro. Mangum talk about his time he spent in Pakistan years ago. It was fun to hear about all his adventures and how different things are there. I love learning about different countries and how they do thing. When we got home we got in our swimsuits and headed out to the pool. I always love watching the new things my siblings can do on the slide or diving board …. or the things they think they can do… jk! J

Tuesday I braided Kendra's hair


  
We also packed up everything for my family’s trek and my little suitcase and headed to Salt Lake to catch my 5 o’clock flight. On the way I took this picture of Paytin. Crazy smart 2 year old!




 It was sad to say bye to my family but I knew I’d see them in another 6 weeks. Anyone can do something for 6 weeks, right! I got through security and onto the plane we pulled away and that’s when the “fun” began. Do to weather in Colorado we couldn’t take off so we sat in that plane for almost 2 hours waiting for the clear. We finally got it and took off about 7. I was a little worried about my connecting flight that was supposed to leave around 8 but I knew it would have been delayed too. I got to Denver and found out my flight wasn’t leaving till 10 p.m., two more hours to wait. I got some food and played on my ipod. It started to blow and rain so again we were delayed till the storm passed. Finally they announced they would start boarding. This was about 10:30. We got in line and then again we were told we had to wait longer till the storm passed. I think by the time we finally boarded it was like 11:30 or later. Poor Steve had to stay up and pick me up around 1:30 a.m. I never thought I would want to get to Oklahoma so bad. It was a great and memorable trip but it was great to be back with my sweet husband! Now we only have 5 weeks left till we both get to go back to wonderful Idaho!       


Just cuz I wanted to remember. I was gone over our 8th month anniversary and I always seem to be gone for these so I sent Steve a surprise.


Two of his favorite things pizza and sour patch kids!


  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.