At 2:30 am, Sunday, October 30th. 40 weeks and 4 days pregnant.
I first noticed consistent contractions. So I got up and started timing them. 5-10 minutes apart.
The whole time I was so nervous they would stop and we'd have to keep waiting. So I watched youtube videos, painted my nails, ate a little something.
At 3:30 am I noticed a bloody show.
At 5:30 am I finally woke up Steve and told him I think today was the day!
We talked and tried to wrap our minds around what was happening. We both tried to rest and relax.
About 8am we got up and finished packing our bags, showered, ate, I sat in the tub, we continued to time contractions, I walked and walked, Steve gave me a blessing, we texted our families, Steve helped me wash my hair in the sink. ha!
Around 2 - 2:30pm, 12 hours after the beginning of contractions we called labor and delivery because I was still having a light bloody show and felt like the contractions were more intense and I wasn't feeling baby move as much as before.
They told us to come in and get checked.
At this point I was so nervous to go. I knew we'd get there and they'd tell me I was still a 2 and that I was a wimp.
We got there and they checked me. I was a 4!!! They said you have an hour and we'll check you again.
We walked and walked the halls. At 5:00 pm they checked me and I was a 5!!! We were admitted to the hospital in labor and delivery room 14 and continued to be monitored for a little while.
They filled the jacuzzi tub for me and I sat in there for an hour or so. Contractions were still manageable and still all in my back. I hated laying/being on my back.
About 6pm we were told the Doctor was ready to check us and talk about breaking my water. My doctor, Gary Fowers wasn't on call so Doctor Barry Noorda was our Doctor.
After some discussion and debating we decided to break my water.
After that things picked up. I'll just say it was an intense 2 hours and 48 mins.
I couldn't have got through it without Steve.
We called in the nurse to check me because to be honest at this point I thought i'm probably only a 7 or something and I didn't think I could take much more and was contemplating getting an epidural. I could barely get into the bed to be checked.
Nurse Kristy checked me and I was a 9! Too late for that epidural!
I was having some INTENSE urges to push so just a few minutes later they checked me and I was a 10 and ready to push.
At 8:48pm we started pushing. It was a relief to push. Hard. But a relief.
I pushed for an hour and a half and at 10:13 pm our lives changed forever. Hannah was born!
She was beautiful!
She had the smallest most petite cry and was so alert and attentive.
Steve cut the cord and they weighed her. 7 lbs 2 oz. 19.5 inches long.
We did skin to skin and was in recovery for 2 hours together as a family of 3!
The first thing I ate after giving birth was a cinnamon bear. Just a random fact.
Around 1:30 pm they moved us to our mom & baby room. Room 32.
We didn't get much sleep that night. Mostly because of nurses coming in and out but also because we couldn't stop looking at Hannah.
We hung out at the hospital all the next day. Which was halloween.
Family came to visit.
Our pediatrician came to check Hannah as Elastigirl from The Incredibles.
November 1st we were released from the hospital and went home as a family of 3!
My mom came and was a huge help! She even waxed the bathroom floor!
We were so grateful for all the help and love!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.