Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The one where we have been married 5 years!

We've been married 5 years! Geez laweez, that flew by!

Steve got to take half a day off. So we drove down to SLC to spend the afternoon.

First we picked up my camera from the doctor. Its all better! We ran to Arby's and grabs some lunch before heading to the SLC temple.


All the sweet temple workers wished us a happy anniversary over and over and I swear it was like a grapevine affect, workers I had never met were wishing us happy anniversary as we walked around the temple. We felt very loved!


We did sealings and we had some cool experiences.

We shared a sealing session with two other couples. One couple had just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary and the other couple was older the wife was in pretty good health but the husband was in a wheelchair, hooked up to oxygen just in really poor health and they talked about how this will more then likely be his last time in the temple. Even being in such bad shape he was still so willing a happy to do whatever service he could. He even made a joke. When the sealer was struggling with a family name that the man had brought, the sealer looked at the man and asked if he was saying it right. The man looked a little flustered and then said jokingly while shaking his head a little "I hope so i'm going to meet them soon." You could just feel the veil was thin and let in such a sweet spirit.

The other cool experience was about halfway through the session we found out that we had been doing names for Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. He had dropped them by and asked they be done. What a cool thing!


We walked around temple square, window shopped, ate at cheesecake factory and just had the funnest time talking in the car and just spending the day together!





"And now you're my whole life
Now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you, boy
Like a river meets the sea,
Stronger than it's ever been.
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then" 

Happy 5 years hun!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.