Monday, September 23, 2013

-My Man-

This morning I woke up thinking about my blessings. Not something that happens as often as it should, unfortunately.  I’ve come to the conclusion that simply put “I am blessed!” The main thing I’ve been thinking about is how awesome my man, Steve is! He goes to his job, very stressful job at times, but rarely complains.

Then comes home and is the best handyman I could ask for (thanks to a wonderful dad who taught him how to fix things and how to figure it out if you don't know what you're doing). I mean he repaired our broken garage door tension springs (I didn’t even know what tension springs were), added a railing to our back temporary stairs, built us a beautiful bedframe, mows, fertilizes and takes care of our lawn, fixed our washing machine, puts things up in the plant shelves for me (because I kind of have issues with coming down from heights), :) switches door knobs, fixed the shower door, and really the list could go on and on.

As great as all the stuff he does for our house and me is, there is something I’m even more grateful for. That is the opportunity to stay home and concentrate on being a wife and doing my photography. I mean I don’t make too much money doing photography and I have a feeling that as winter gets closer I won’t be bringing much of anything to the financial powwows :) but I love being home and being a wife and photographer! I love being home when Steve gets home! I love having energy to be a wife when he gets home! When I was working an 8 hour job it drained me. I just wanted to come home and veg. I love being able to have time to do things around the house but you know who makes it possible for me to do this stuff I love…

 yup, STEVE!

He deals with the fact that we could be having two steady incomes. There would be less financial stress of making ends meet and we’d be able to do more things we’d like to do, get more things we’d like to get, and go places we want to visit. I’m sure he thinks about these things every so often but he doesn’t hold that over my head or remind me over and over again. He just knows this is something I love and want and he makes it work. What greater gift could he ever give me!

Ok, this post has gotten way too long, but then again it isn’t nearly long enough to give credit where credit is due. I just wanted my future family to know what a wonderful man I have in my life and what an awesome dad our future children will have someday. I love you, Steve!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.